Stirring Up Change In a Community Near You

Teen Battle Chef, is a program of FamilyCook Productions in over 75 schools and community sites across the U.S. Over half are sponsored in high schools by HealthCorps. This blog began in summer 2010 when FamilyCook invited NYC Teen Battle Chefs to participate in internships working with chefs in restaurants, teaching younger children cooking, growing food in food deserts, and cooking in farmers markets across 5 boroughs. In fall 2010, our program continues and thanks to Robin Quivers, her run in the NYC Marathon in November, will provide critical funding so our Teen Battle Chef programs in CT and in HealthCorps schools in NJ can experience these transformational internships as well.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fun at the Market

Working at Murray Hill is definitely an experience. When I first started working, I was a bit lost because it was my first day, but it was only the markets second week. However, I quickly got used to it. Working with Ayerine is a lot of fun because she’s not bossy and we get along really well. Selling locally grown vegetables to people is a very inspiring feeling because then I want to go out, get some veggies and cook them for myself. The cooking demonstrations have been fun as well too, even though we need more of an audience! The food we cook is delicious and I can't complain. I love working at Murray Hill :) - Jessica G

No comments:

Post a Comment