Stirring Up Change In a Community Near You

Teen Battle Chef, is a program of FamilyCook Productions in over 75 schools and community sites across the U.S. Over half are sponsored in high schools by HealthCorps. This blog began in summer 2010 when FamilyCook invited NYC Teen Battle Chefs to participate in internships working with chefs in restaurants, teaching younger children cooking, growing food in food deserts, and cooking in farmers markets across 5 boroughs. In fall 2010, our program continues and thanks to Robin Quivers, her run in the NYC Marathon in November, will provide critical funding so our Teen Battle Chef programs in CT and in HealthCorps schools in NJ can experience these transformational internships as well.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Maybelline, Liz, and Iskask take on the French Culinary Institute!

"I feel happy since this is the school. I want to attend (  ) this experience helped me meet new people and chefs that in turn fueled more of my dreams." - Iskask Lavan

"I am so amazed at this school, it's absolutely incredible. Being here makes me get more of a drive to pursue culinary.  Dreaming of being in this school since I was 13 or so. Amazing experience. it was worth getting a minor cut. definitely an awesome time - Elizabeth Cordero

No comments:

Post a Comment