Stirring Up Change In a Community Near You

Teen Battle Chef, is a program of FamilyCook Productions in over 75 schools and community sites across the U.S. Over half are sponsored in high schools by HealthCorps. This blog began in summer 2010 when FamilyCook invited NYC Teen Battle Chefs to participate in internships working with chefs in restaurants, teaching younger children cooking, growing food in food deserts, and cooking in farmers markets across 5 boroughs. In fall 2010, our program continues and thanks to Robin Quivers, her run in the NYC Marathon in November, will provide critical funding so our Teen Battle Chef programs in CT and in HealthCorps schools in NJ can experience these transformational internships as well.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Whole Foods Tribeca Battle

Once again, a great Whole Foods event! This time went a little smoother probably because I knew how it was supposed to be. We got our food out on time, we did a great presentation, and garnish went smoothly. My team and I worked extremely well together and I hope next week goes just as smoothly. TEAM RASPBERRY OWNS!! -Chef Joel

The event whole foods held today was spectacular. Both recipes turned out to be fantastic, both were pleasing to the eye and pallet. Judges from all over the city attended and the results turned out to be mostly even. Even though I'm pretty sure team raspberry had it! I wish more people had turned out but its ok because it all ended well -Chef Nate

Today's event was great. We got to stand up in front of judges and tell them about our dish. We made chard quesadillas. It was very nerve racking because we had to wait for results, my team won on presentation. -Chef Marielis

This event was fun and taught me alot. Our teamwork went great and our presentation ROCKED!! I'd love to do this again, anytime. : ) I want to give a shout out to my teammate Nate he is Great! -Chef Luetny

This food competition went very well, I was so nervous to the point that I didn't feel well. In the end I was proud of myself and my teammates. This experience opened my eyes about my future and because of Teen Battle Chef I have finally made my mind up about what I wast to go to college for. I have decided that I want to make cooking my profession. Thank you everyone at Family Cook and TBC -Chef Jessica

Today I was participating in a whole foods event where I got to present in front of restaurant owner and famous chef's. This was 100% awesome, hopefully the next event is even better!! -Chef Fernando











No comments:

Post a Comment